FAIR HOUSING &NATIONAL ASOCIATION OF REALTORS (NAR): THE ONE AMERICA PRINCIPLES
The One America principles serve as the basis for services provided by MJ REAL ESTATE CONSULTANTS. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) created the principles to help real estate professionals with awareness, communication, and planning for a diversity-oriented practice.
The One America Principles encompass the following ideals:
- A diverse demographic community
- Opportunity for all
- Responsibility for all
- Respect and celebration for diversity while embracing shared values.
ONE AMERICA PRINCIPLES
- I welcome you and want to do business with you.
- I will base my decision and opinions of you on who you are, not on any preconceived stereotypes or ingrained value judgments.
- I subscribe to the federal Fair Housing Act and its principles.
- I embrace and celebrate the strength that diversity brings to our communities and our nation.
- I will help you find opportunities to buy the home you choose.
- I will market homeownership to the public and reach out to people who may not know that home ownership is a realistic option.
- I will make sure you know there is a full range of housing choices available to you and encourage you to consider all communities and neighborhoods.
- I will make every effort to maintain open two-way communication. If we do not share a Common language, I will work with you to find some one who can interpret.
- I have incorporated these principles into my daily operations and overall business plan. I would be proud to share that plan with you.
- I am here to help you meet your real estate needs because you are the reason I am in business.
- Please let me know about any cultural or special needs that you have so that our business relationship will be comfortable and successful.